- Extensive single-player campaigns:
- Take on four extensive single-player campaigns and follow each nation on their path to supremacy, with each faction providing different benefits and gameplay styles.
- More trading:
- Establish and manage trading relationships with 60 Caribbean cities in a huge 3D game world. Steer clear of cliffs, shallow waters, and stormy regions in order to optimize your trade routes.
- More city building:
- Select from 50 buildings, including 25 production sites, to produce goods and luxurious items. Construct town buildings using neighbourhood effects to optimize productivity and manage the overall happiness of your citizens.
- Enhanced city-building: The new hex-grid helps players create unique and (hopefully) profitable cities to expand their huge trading network in the Caribbean.
- Placing buildings will often grant a variety of positive or negative effects on surrounding buildings.
- Industries close to residential buildings might increase their efficiency while reducing happiness in the surrounding residential buildings.
- Plantations – depending on their type – can have different effects on nearby industries and residential buildings.
- With dozens of special buildings and unique city layouts for each city in the game, there are a multitude of ways to optimize your cities, with each requiring a different approach.
- One game world
- No changing screens, and no loading times. Both city building and the larger Caribbean map are part of one huge and seamless game world, rather than two different and separated instances.
- More ship diversity than ever in the series
- 18 historically authentic ship types from the late 16th and 17th
- Bigger Naval battles
- Engage in tactical turn-based 8 vs. 8 naval battles with powerful captains.
- Biggest Map in the series’ history
- 12 million km² (4500km x 2700km)
- Port Royale 4 will feature one massive 3D map for all gameplay elements. The map features a host of zooming options allowing players to keep track of their trade routes and the constantly growing Caribbean trading network, as well as build up their Caribbean cities in stunning detail.
- Powered by Gaming Minds’ finely-tuned and constantly evolving in-house engine.
Where and when does Port Royale 4 take place?
The player sets sail and joins the colonial powers of Spain, England, France, and the Netherlands in their fight for supremacy over the 17th century Caribbean. In Port Royale 4, players will take control of a colony as a young and ambitious governor who is eager to learn what it takes to manage and grow their small settlement into a bustling trade city.
Develop production chains, connect multiple islands and create complex trade routes across the Caribbean to cover the ever-growing needs of your cities. Consult the detailed sea map to avoid devastating storms, cliffs, and shallow waters. Fulfilling tasks for your chosen nation’s viceroy will earn you more fame to unlock town buildings, ships, and more. Conquer the cities of rival nations and hunt down their fleets, while also keeping a keen eye out for pirates and other privateers.
For the first time in the series, naval battles will be turn-based, with up to 8 ships on each side battling at one time. Use tactical captain manoeuvres to turn the tide in even the most hopeless of situations for a glorious victory.